Adopting a homeless pet is one of the greatest things one could ever do. Thank you very much for showing interest in opening up your home and heart. That being said, adopting should not be taken lightly. That is why we ask all of our potentials adopters to fill out an application to be considered. Our fosters are treated as one of our own while they are in our care. We want to ensure our adopters as well as our loving animals are matched appropriately. We consider a number of criteria when making our decision. We look forward to finding you your next best friend and once again we thank you for your dedication to re-homing our friends in need.
Steps to adoption:
- Fill out the application.
- If the application is approved, then we conduct a home visit. The option of doing the meet and greet is possible at the same time as the home visit depending on each individual applicant. For example, if we can perform some inspection of property before hand through Google Street View and Google Satellite then we can combine the home visit and meet and greet.
- If we cannot inspect your home prior through the latest technology, then the meet and greet will be scheduled after the home visit.
- Pay the adoption fee of $250.
- Sign the contract.
- Turnover possession of the pet.
What does the adoption fee cover?
- All necessary shots to include: Distemper, parvo, rabies, and bordetella.
- Heartworm test, preventative (while being fostered), and treatment if necessary.
- Flea and tick treatment and preventative.
- Microchip implant.
If all the steps are complete and you are approved for adoption, you will be asked to fill out an adoption contract. You can find the form at the link given below. Last, if you have any input on what we can do better please let us know.